Top Tips for Exam Revision
It’s that time of year again, when students are starting to revise and prepare for their exams. It can be a worrying and stressful time for a lot of students, but it needn’t be if you follow our Top Tips for revision.
- Don’t over do it. Work at your own pace, don’t compare yourself to how much revising other people are doing.
- Find what works for you. Everyone will have a way of studying and revising that suits them. You may find that you revise better in the mornings, or in the evenings. You might find that you can revise whilst listening to music, or in silence. Find what suits you and go with it.
- Make a timetable. Split your days into the different areas you need to concentrate on; revision, school/college, friends etc. Allocate a time in each day to revise.
- Organise yourself. Use labels/cards to break up the different subjects or topics. Give each topic or subject a different colour highlighter.
- Take a break. Make sure that you have regular breaks away from your revision . Walk away from your laptop and books and have a drink or something to eat. Make time to see your friends.
- Drink plenty of water. Make sure that you take in enough water while you are studying and during your exams. This is very important for your brain and to prevent you from dehydrating.
- Get plenty of sleep. This is particularly important while you revise and during the whole exam period. Your body and brain need rest and time to repair themselves.
- Time for work and play. Make sure that you do see your friends and family during the exam period. It will help you relax and will be good to think and talk about different things.
- Start revision early. Don’t leave revising to the last minute. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get organised, plan your study periods and start revising.
So there you have it. 10 Top Tips to help you get through your revision. If you have any useful tips that have helped you, we would love to hear them.